7 affordable ways to say I love you
Happy Valentine’s framemakers! Whilst it’s always good to find ways to say I love you and show appreciation for the ones we love. Today is about celebrating romantic love, and I thought I’d come up with some top tips to get you thinking about how you could say I love you today. If you’ve forgot to get your card, or still to get a gift, or finding your bank balance still in recovery after January, then let me help you be creative with some affordable ways to say I love you.
1. Write a letter – depending on what your date’s love language is, this could be a meaningful way to express your love and appreciation for your partner. Find a nice piece of paper, grab a pen, and let them know how much they mean to you.
2. Bundle their favourite treats in a box – why no gather a bunch of their favourite drinks, chocolates, treats, and pop them in a box (you can either buy a valentine box for a few pounds or dollars) or pick a plain box and wrap it in some festive paper. You don’t need to spend a lot to say I love you. In many ways, this shows you have taken the time and have been thinking about what your date likes, and if you are like me and love a shopping challenge, then it’s a great way to shop and be creative.
3. Make your partner their favourite breakfast. Doing something nice for them can also speak louder than any expensive gift.
4. Send or give them a card – You can get beautifully designed cards for less than £1 so stop by your local card shop, shopping center, or supermarket and pick up a card for Valentines.
5. Make it a movie night – if you’re on a healthy eating plan and training and you don’t want to go out for a meal, then why not make it a movie night. You can get lots of mid-week deals and discounts for your local cinema. Try Money Saving Expert deals or google for local cinema deals. Even if there aren’t many given that today is Valentines, why not look at having a night in, and check out Netflix, iTunes, or Amazon Prime (amongst other providers) to hire a movie. You can do that for under £10.
6. Dine at home with a takeaway and chill. If you are always on the go then perhaps staying home might be a good idea for you both to remove distractions and take time to eat and rest.
7. Make it an event – cook something special. Why not grab a 2 for dine offer at your local supermarket and make it a special evening by cooking together? Unless you are the kind of couple that could erupt when in the kitchen together, this could be a fun and affordable activity to do.
I’d love to hear how you celebrated your day, so do send me an email. Let me know, and be sure to let your loved one (partner, friends, or family) know that they are loved today. It’s just good practice, right!?Back to Blog